Sunday, October 26, 2014

Screen vs Stage Presence

Dear SRK,

Was just watching you a few minutes back on Aap Ki Adalat. And felt like it's time I should say this to you.

You may not have been able to (technically) justify your slate on one or more of the complaints posed upon you (This is my opinion, and not the judge's one, for I was too lazy to stay hooked till the end. But even then, who knows if the judge also would have arrived at the similar verdict. Actually unlikely. Darn!) But your.. umm.. SRKish charm sweeps you across, almost always, clearly, safely, and a little intimidatingly, no matter whatever situation you may be in. This SRKish charm is something I associate with your personal persona,  and not really with your professional one. The later one being ruled out owing to some of your last screen appearances I have seen. And again by professional, I mean the key one, that is your acting. And not the other variants like production, direction and stuff.

I know how easy, and mean it is to judge, but earnestly, there's something seriously screwed up with your screen presence these days. Honestly, I (still) continue to admire you as a person.Your presence of mind, your accomplishments, your courage, but only a bit of your professional works like in Baazigar, Darr, Devdas, Chak De India. Actually just in these movies unless I am missing on something owing to my short and/or long hand memory leaks. And for these, I can say confidently, it would not have come out the way it did had it not been for you. Though for remakes, I have counter candidates who claim that I say that because I haven't seen the original Dilip Kumar's one yet. But whatever.

None-the-less. You absolutely rock when it comes to spontaneity. Your stage presence is something. There was this Award show you did with Ranbir Kapoor. And it had literally laughed off the audience's asses away. Again intimidatingly. It was one of it's first kinds, in terms of boldness, humility (something beyond the realms of comedy shows) and sarcasm (needless to say, it seems to be in your DNA).

Ok, I will come to the point now.

Please (and please!) if for your fan(s)'s sake, you would let your charm remain in certain hearts forever and from here on, stop doing films as an actor, or at least take up roles that justify your presence of being, I would like to wish you good luck in the areas where it would be a real real pleasure to see you, prospering and stealing the hearts away.

Liberally yours
-Neha


No comments:

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software