Saturday, December 17, 2011

Bad-ass Guys!

bad·ass/ˈbadˌas/

adjective Also, bad·assed .
1. (of a person) difficult to deal with; mean-tempered; touchy.
2. distinctively tough or powerful; so exceptional as to be intimidating.

This, I write, in deep admiration of the two most badass and absolute, though fictitious, characters I have come across till date. Not just have these fascinated me to an extreme and clung on to my mind like a haunt, for an eternity it seems, but have also inspired me in some rather unusual ways.

Dear Joker,

You are a force, a naked and a vulgar truth on the face of Gotham city. You are unpredictably constant. You don’t plan, you just do!
When you say, “I'm a man of simple tastes. I enjoy dynamite, and gunpowder, and... Gasoline!” this automagically dishes out your authentic and homicidal self. 

I find you insanely attractive the moment you hold a knife in someone’s bloody open mouth and fictionalize the chronicle of how you got your scars. And then, you ask him - “Why so serious!?”

You, and only you – out of all civilized men can go for whatever you want, whenever you want, wherever you want, how-so-ever you want, just out of your pure obsession for the emotions, naked ones - which most people expose only when in their last stages of trouble.

Yes, you are correct in believing that civilization is just a mask, good to be flaunted as long as all is well, or as long as there is at least a perceived conception of it to be well. The moment you sprinkle it up with some uncertainty, some panic, some anarchy, it’s then that the real curse of being human comes in forefront. Security is just an illusion, which keeps the corruptible incorruptible, unless uncovered. When in danger, survival takes lead over virtue. And that’s why we are humans, the guilty imperfects - busy cheating ourselves into the acts of perfection by living self-inflicted so-called mannerisms, pride and social obligations.

Thankfully though, you did not succeed in proving your point when you could not infect the minds of the people on ‘one’ ship to gift themselves some more years of survival on this planet, at the cost of lives on the ‘other’ ship. Had you succeeded, it would have implanted some temporary moments of discomfort from reel to real life of the people watching the act. But deep within, I know your point’s true to a good extent. If it were not, we would have never encountered damages owing to such incidences as stampedes. Not everyone recognizes it, or at least does not acknowledge it - especially those who are the makers of the laws of perfection - and that’s what makes you come into the field and prove it, the uncivilized way. And then they call you a homicidal maniac. 

By the way when you say “Why so serious!?” I can oh so sense the sincere seriousness running deep down your frozen grin into your nerves. You have urge neither for women nor for money. You are indeed ahead of the curve.

P.S – Christopher Nolan - Thanks for creating this character. And making ‘Heath Ledger” do the flawless, awesome job. Though there’s ‘something’ more than his intense acting, which makes me crazy about this character. May be I see some invincible truth behind his beliefs. His acts of course are the acts of the evil, but sincerely, I am afraid that after having watched this legend; I would now have a diluted experience watching any damn negative character ever.  “Dark Knight Rises” will be watched only for Batman, no villain can ever match up to where Joker stands. Long live Heath Ledger.

-----------------------------------------The Beautiful Beasts!------------------------------

Dear Howard Rowark,

You are an Ayn Rand’s creation. She has done a marvelous job in conceiving and then describing you. And I don’t want to fool myself by even trying an attempt to highlight why and what is it that makes me mad about you. However given my current knowledge and understanding of facts, I would want to append my-bit to it a bit.

Since the time I have read about you in “The Fountainhead”, it has become my Gita. Coz you work, only for the love of it, and for no other strings attached. It’s your pencil which craves to be in your hands to arrive at a blend, of simplicity, authenticity, perfection and courage. Every work of yours carries an imprint of you, of your unadulterated soul inked in the form of pillars and structures. It’s not clients who choose you, it’s the edifices, their beauty, their connect with nature - already erected in your mind that makes you choose who deserve you; and then gift your courtesy to them.

Toohey: "Mr. Roark, we're alone here. Why don't you tell me what you think of me? In any words you wish. No one will hear us."
Roark: "But I don't think of you."

That's the beauty of you! And of your indifference to the opinion of others, even of the socially perceived most powerfuls and most influentials.. These parasites are rendered completely powerless and meaningless, when in your presence.

You have struggled your way just to be you. Just to be a first-hander. You seek no acceptance for your beliefs or morals. No social or professional torment could wound you. Your purity guards you. Your integrity binds you. You are oh so complete! so uninhibited! so unmouldable! so uncompromising! so merciless! so concrete! so egotist! So you! Your very presence radiates your awesomeness. You are simple, you are direct, and you are functional! 

… and here I am, awed! Completely awed by the beautiful you when you say-

I came here to say that I do not recognize anyone’s right to one minute of my life. Nor to any part of my energy. Nor to any achievement of mine. No matter who makes the claim, how large their number or how great their need.
I wished to come here and say that I am a man who does not exist for others

-----------------------------------------Long live my Badass guys!!--------------------------------

7 comments:

Hope said...

The post reminds me of the long-old adage - "The good/beautiful girls go for the bad guys". :)
This post explains wat a good girl feels exactly for the bad guys :P :D
Haha!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love Joker! Heath could be the reason why I love the character so much and very well written Neha.

I skipped Howard, because I have just started reading FH and didn't want to get influenced, but I am all with you w.r.t my sweetheart, The Joker ;)

payn said...

Tooo good!!!Youre awesome!!

Nelofur said...

@Hope - Ha ha! Right! Non-good things do attract sometimes, applies so well to Joker's acts, but HR - He is always so good & perfect! Isn't he? :)

Nelofur said...

@Chintan - Thanks, that's encouraging :) As far as I know you, you would fall in love with FH -HR specifically. happy reading!

Nelofur said...

Thanks @payn

jany said...

this post.These kind of articles are always attractive and I am happy to find so many good point
exclusive yacht

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software